Marine Supervisor - MODEC GhanaEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Operates marine systems and utilities safely, with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with legislation and the requirements of the Company’s HSEQ Management System
- Coordinates and supervises the maintenance of all safety equipment including lifeboats, rescue boats, life rafts and work boats.
- Coordinates and supervises the maintenance of all ballast/cargo tanks and cargo storage and offloading systems.
- Coordinates and supervises all Marine and Safety equipment-related contractors/vendors.
- Prepares, plans, and monitors facility stability data and coordinates ongoing cargo tank loading.
- Supervises and coordinates all ballasting and deballasting operations.
- Carries out tank washing and gas freeing operations and supervises tank entry operations.
- Coordinates and carries out the discharge of produced water from cargo/ballast tanks.
- Performs gas tests and isolations as per Permit to Work and Confined Space Entry permits.
- Carries out toolbox talks and HSE meetings as required.
- Maintains and is responsible for lifting gear register and crane log book.
- Supervises and coordinates maintenance of all facilities lifting equipment including export tanker toolbox/equipment, mooring hawser and associated equipment.
- Operates and performs tests on GMDSS equipment in accordance with SOLAS requirements.
- Carries out HLO duties as required. Carries out supervision/ monitoring of helicopter flight, landings and departures and compilation of information required for safe helicopter operations.
- Controls and manages safe and efficient materials handling to/from supply vessels.
- Controls and manages all marine activities with respect to safe and efficient bunkering operation from supply vessels in conjunction with the maintenance department.
- Assists in the training and development of Marine personnel as required.
- Prepares data for input to daily report.
- Monitors usage of consumables and liaises with materials coordinator with respect to departmental requisitions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification and holds a valid STCW Management Level License (Class 1 Master Mariner Unlimited).
- Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency with oil tanker endorsement or equivalent Marine technical background with FPSO experience
- 8-10 years experience onboard crude oil/product carriers as Master Mariner, Chief officer, Mooring Master or Marine Supervisor of Offshore Facilities
- Thorough knowledge of FPSO marine practices, including deck operations, engine room activities, navigation, marine regulations, tank entry and inspection etc
- Previous experience with the hydrocarbons industry and FPSOs is preferred, with a working knowledge of hydrocarbon operations, safety systems and permit-to-work procedures essential
- Understanding of relevant legislative requirements with respect to the overall operation of FPSO inclusive of Principles and effects of loss stability and its control
- Strong marine operations knowledge in key areas such as: Marine Oil and gas terminals, oil tankers/gas carriers, FPSOs Marine Systems, Offloading Systems, Environmental protection, safety, reliability, efficiency and regulatory compliance issue: Auditing of offshore marine terminals including FPSO
- Proven management / supervisory skills and leadership and planning skills
- Maintenance Management systems Experience
- Maintenance/Production/Marine Operations experience
- Management of Major Emergency response duties/fire team trained
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.