IP Intern: Ghana - MainOneIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MainOne is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses, and Government institutions across West Africa.
- Department: Technical
The IP Intern will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP-based services on the Main One network.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing innovative network solutions and engaging OEMs when required.
- Driving the MainOne IPv6 strategy
- Network design, planning, administration and maintenance.
- IP multicast setup and IOS-XE, IOS-XR router deployments
- Ensuring knowledge transfer for level-1 IPNOC.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience in a large-scale network (BGP, IS-IS OSPF, EIGRP)
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls like Cisco ASA, Fortigate
- Exploring existing knowledge base and making recommendations to improve systems, solutions and processes
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Relevant professional/technical certifications like CCNP, JNCIS, (CCIE is an advantage)
- Good presentation skills
- Relationship Management skills
- Time & self-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of networking technologies - TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, EVPN, VxLAN, SDWAN, SDN etc.
- Hands-on experience configuring Firewalls, Cisco and Juniper routers,
- Service provider experience in technologies like MPLS L2VPN,L3VPN,ISIS,BGP, Segment Routing
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high-performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Scripting knowledge is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Demands of the Job
- There could be a need to travel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.