Standard Chartered Bank Banking Jobs In AccraBanking Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs routine balance sheet reporting tasks such as A/D ratios.
- Applies policies to given situations and knows where to seek advice when faced with an ambiguous issue requiring interpretation
- Monitors management action triggers and escalates action items at the country level
- Provides insightful commentary on reporting packs and specialized schedules including business variance analysis linking current performance with future projections, risks and opportunities
- Recognized as a credible source of data and query management for business stakeholders and the monitoring key balance sheet ratios
- Contributes to discussions with Group Market Risk and ALM functions on transfer pricing for new products, stress testing assumptions, sources of funding for balance sheet and inputs for LMC/CMC/ALCO papers
- Devises forward-looking balance sheet metrics-to support additional limits/capital injections
- Scans the wider external environment to anticipate, influence and contribute to the formation and subsequent interpretation of rules and regulations through the engaging of other professional industry subject matter experts both within and outside the Bank
- COFF/COL computation
- Core and non-core computation
- Act as secretary to Local ALCO
- Ensure ALCO objectives are carried out and measured by responsible parties
- Ensure the effective management of the business’s capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks etc;
- Back Testing
- Commitments monitoring
- Shareholders’ fund management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Management of Subsidiary Board Papers and External Agencies Board Papers
- Socio-Economic impact study
- Quarterly Board Papers
- Undertake bank-wide competitor analysis with selected banks on a quarterly basis
Deliver the following reports within set deadlines
- Forecast Balance sheet
- Capital plan and Single Borrower Limit (SBL) Projection
- Carry out a monthly analytical review of the Balance sheet highlighting the key drivers of performances in term of businesses and products.
Strategy Budgeting & Forecasting
- Provide inputs into business strategies
- Prepare/Review Cost Budgeting
- Highlight opportunities and risks for management action
Investment Spend Decision Making
- Provide financial analysis and support for all investment spend
- Ensure adequate controls are in place on all projects
Operational Risk – Finance
- Act as the responsible officer for the EOPS balance sheet management function
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- ALCO Members
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least five years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its impact of the bank’s financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines
- A high level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages.
Role Specific Competencies
- General Ledger Analysis
- Business communication
- Financial Analysis
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.