Director: Customs Administration (AfCFTA) - African UnionAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the operations of the entire directorate/department. Plan, develop and implement strategic policies while promoting inter-directorate/department collaboration. Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary-General and to the AfCFTA’s Institutions by providing support to all technical directorates.
- Develop and maintain operating rules and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of all Divisions.
- Ensure overall management of the directorate/department personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
- Determine and execute the overall strategy of the directorate.
- Develop and oversee policy development guidelines.
- Prepare and oversee integrated programmes of overall activities of the Directorate.
- Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good relations with another directorate/department.
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top-level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners.
- Organize coordination meetings between the organization and other relevant organizations.
- Ultimately responsible for preparing periodic financial and budget execution reports, annual financial statements, and other reports.
- Promote awareness and training of best practices in areas of expertise.
- Prepare periodic financial and budget execution reports, annual financial statements, and other reports.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop Strategic Framework, Standard Operation Procedure that enhances trade facilitation and enforcement for Customs Cooperation
- Engage with State Parties, stakeholders and partners on custom matters and the implementation of trade facilitation measures
- Coordinate State Parties towards building efficient customs procedures, trade facilitation and transit systems
- Liaise with relevant national bodies on Custom cooperation and mutual administrative assistance
- Spearhead the establishment of modern data processing system to facilitate effective and efficient custom operation and transmission of trade data
- Lead the role of Secretariat for Sub-Committee on Trade Facilitation, customs cooperation and Transit and other relevant meetings on Customs
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the AfCFTA Agreement on Customs
- Lead activities related to the establishment of a continental Customs Union
- Determine and execute Directorate strategy and align to the AfCFTA Overall Strategy
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- University Master’s degree in international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, Political Science or relevant discipline
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in profession related to trade in Service, regulation of foreign investment, trade law, international negotiations, intellectual property rights, cross border barriers, transnational corporate law and practice out of which eight (8) years of this should be at managerial level managing professional staff in support of – or within – a national, regional, continental, or international organization.
- Management experience and ability to relate and facilitate interactions with others;
- Ability to think critically and solve problems;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Reports writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Planning, organizational and reporting skills;
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically;
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; with regard to performance management and professional development;
- Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Familiarity with international and regional policy processes and policy analysis in the relevant area; and
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Developing Organizational Capability …..
Change Leadership ….
- Strategic Risk Management
- Building Partnerships
- Drives Accountability Culture:
- Learning Orientation:
- Communicating with impact:
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing..
- Drive for Results
- Fosters Innovation
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.