World Food Programme Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In AccraPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The office of the United Nations World Food Programme invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Procurement Associate
Duration: Fixed Term (One Year Renewable)
Post Grade: G6
Duty Station: Accra
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director, and direct supervision of the Procurement Officer in Accra, the Procurement Associate will be expected to perform the following duties:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of procurement plan. Collate inputs (list of items required for the year) from other units.
- Consolidate and finalized the inputs received from the various units into a procurement plan for the year for management approval.
- Review purchase requests, prepare request for quotation, Invitation to bid and request for proposals for publication.
- Prepare purchase orders, contracts, and service agreements for approval.
- Constant supplier monitoring and appraisal to ensure that desired service levels are achieved.
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners for the procurement of appropriate goods and services.
- Organize procurement and contracts committee meetings and prepare note for record for review and approval.
- Research, collect and analyze data to produce reports to enable informed decision making and to ensure consistency of information presented to stakeholders and management.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access and to support the supply chain unit’s operational reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with the wider programme and ensure a coherent approach to meeting programme objectives.
- Perform any other duties as provided from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- A Higher National Diploma or university degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related fields.
- A master’s degree and experience in any of the above fields is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
- A minimum of six years of professional experience relevant to Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a related field.
Language: Fluency and good command of the English language is essential.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.