AngloGold Ashanti Engineering Jobs In ObuasiEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Obuasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician - Rail System.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician-Rail System will report to the Electrical Supervisor - UG and is accountable for executing all electrical maintenance, and repairs for the underground Rail system as required and is tasked with covering day/night or on a shift basis in a safe and compliant manner. The role is to also assist and understudy the Rail System and for the Phase 3 project at KMS.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of the government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply with and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Interface with contractors as directed and or the construction team regarding electrical work tasks for project work and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule, and expectations
- Attend training, development, and performance improvement training as required
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from the Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving the workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of tasked work, create a checklist, and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine and electrical equipment anomalies that would indicate a requirement for maintenance, report and escalate
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of tasked work for all underground and maintenance activities
- Assess all components of underground rail transport and rolling stock systems to identify and correct defects as well as execute maintenance schedule and all related works for the smooth operations and maintenance of the rail systems
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Carry out work cost-effectively
- Stop any underground electrical equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Certificate Part I or equivalent
- Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Underground infrastructure maintenance working experience
- Knowledge in rail transport and rolling stock systems
- Knowledge in troubleshooting faults in electrical/electronic systems
- Ability to work on low and medium voltage equipment
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.