CARE International Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In AccraPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and resourceful Procurement Officer for the Country Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The Procurement Officer's overall responsibility is to ensure the day-to-day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements. S/he provides support to the sub-offices and projects' administration on procurement-related matters. The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. S/he will also prepare and manage consultancy contracts.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services (including consultants), locally or internationally in accordance with CARE rules
- Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply of goods and service (including consultancy services) according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service (prepare SBAs, LPOs, etc.)
- Reviewing all purchase requisitions, verifying price targets, and ensuring that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all authorizations have been obtained
- Coordinating with other departments to make sure purchase requisitions, supplier quote responses, and purchase orders are complete and clear
Vendor Management, Recordkeeping and Reporting:
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments
- Maintain an Approved Vendor List (AVL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts:
- Maintain and review consultant's database of the Country Office, Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary, follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract.
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Required Skills or Experience
- Good knowledge of Procurement systems and practices, policies and procedures.
- A good understanding of donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
- At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement work.
- Preferably Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels of the organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow-through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Excellent analytical skills, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement with a combination of education and work experience. A member of a Procurement professional body such as CIPS, ISM, MGIPS etc will be an added advantage.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.