Senior Manager Commercial Legal - MTN GhanaLegal Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Responsible for providing expert legal advisory services as well as identifying, minimising and mitigating legal risk within the organisation.
This role is also responsible for managing the company’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, and structuring, and ensuring that business practices, policies and activities are in accordance with the laws of Ghana.
- Manage legal risk within the business by taking responsibility for providing legal advice across the business.
- Manage the implementation of legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial agreements.
- Oversee the creation of templates and checklists and incorporation of related company policies into contracts.
- Draft and advise on company contracts relating to supplier agreements, employment contracts and authentication of contracts departments.
- Manage in conjunction with external solicitors, all ongoing litigation, dispute resolution and settlement matters.
- Identify and remedy complex legal issues within the business
- Lead in creating and maintaining a proactive legal dossier.
- Act in a supporting and advisory capacity to Management and employees in identifying and managing potential legal risk.
- Coordinate legal compliance monitoring and direct risk management efforts related to daily operations in areas including management controls, Ghana law compliance obligations, disclosure issues, reporting requirements and general corporate governance matters.
- Support implementation of internal company policies.
- Support with key input in all efforts towards influencing governmental & regulatory policies affecting the company’s businesses.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Degree in Law
- Professional Law certificate from the Ghana School of Law is a must
- LLM is an added advantage
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Leads and directs a strategic planning team to address and outline the future direction of an organization
- Establishes strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction
- Explain the strategic direction of the organization to others
- Critically compare different points of view
- Identifies linkage of actions to achieving outcomes
- Applies formal methods and strategies to enhance creative thought
- Effectively analyzes the situation, collects input to make informed decision
- Identifies the options and solutions for addressing the problems analyzed
- Identifies a number of solutions to the problem by identifying and evaluating the various options developed and selects the most effective solution
- Draws logical and objective conclusions from the given data sets and validates them as the prime cause and contributing causes.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Able to match appropriate solutions to a variety of business needs/demands. Consistently “thinks ahead” when making decisions and seeks to preempt possible solutions
- Takes ultimate responsibility for key decisions within the areas of responsibility.
- Strongly contributes to effective problem-solving and decision-making and is clearly accountable and seeks to effectively manage risk.
- Ability to build decision models to analyze and solve basic to intermediate problems
- Expert in behavioural information and technical data; uses to make a strong contribution to the executive team, the board, for problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Will seek to influence the organization’s strategy, to ensure that the organization has the technical capability to manage and mine big data.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to manage self and others, good verbal and communication skills, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently, Creativity and Innovation
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Facilitating skills
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.