Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
IFDC is leading a 5-year program that integrates research and educational in an implementation path, with the aim to transform the Ghanaian fertilizer sector for sustainable agricultural development. The transformation is driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption of appropriate balanced fertilizers by smallholder farmers.
Managing such a massive program is complex that requires a tool and well-functioning data management and quantitative analytical methods to ensure that the program is effective in targeting the required locations and intended people. The system should be able to arrive at the scientifically solid crop- and site-specific fertilizer recommendations that are visualized for easy access by third a non-scientific audience.
Scope of work
Our FERARI program needs a highly qualified specialist/scientist on database management and advanced statistical and spatial analyses, including the use of machine learning methods. We are looking for a colleague with a BSc/MSc equivalent in computer science and experience in the development of advanced spatial methodologies, preferably with some basic training in agriculture.
This implies that the candidate understands the importance of database integrity in terms of efficiency and security, has a very good working knowledge of statistical and spatial analysis tools such as GIS and programming in languages such as R, Python, Java Scripts and SQL.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key job responsibilities
- Create database management procedures
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures
- Monitor and maintain system health and security
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Develop spatial maps using advanced statistical methodologies, including machine, deep learning and remote sensing methods.
- Participate in FERARIs cross-training program
- Ability to program or willingness to learn
- Support internal staff
- Provide technical assistance to support student thesis and dissertation
- An MSc degree or equivalent in computer sciences, Geoinformation Science, preferably with basic training in agricultural sciences (crop modelling).
- Evidence of excellence in computer skills
- Excellent in Geographical Information System software use (ArcGIS, QGIS, GEE, GEODA, etc) and good experience in R, Python, Java Scripts and SQL programming
- Experience in the use of leading applications in computers, including machine learning and remote sensing methodologies
- Preferably a few years of relevant working experience.
- Pleasant and effective communication and writing skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.