Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Digital / Software Engineer’s overall responsibility is to develop, integrate/synchronize, update and monitor all digital tools and systems under the Project.
Activities to be performed by the Digital / Software Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop all project-related system/software applications based on project requirements to support activities and maximise the use of digital solutions under the project
- Facilitate the system specification review process to ensure system requirements are fully translated into valid software architecture
- Provide suitable specifications for all IT equipment to be acquired for project delivery and confirm same upon delivery to ensure value for money
- Conduct evaluations on computer hardware and accessories and offer solutions where needed
- Ensure prompt response to all IT needs of the Project and easy access to Project related data by all relevant actors
- Recommend technical specifications including hardware, software, connectivity and personnel requirements for running the system
- Incorporate user feedback and improvements as recommended by MIS Specialist and other system/software users
- Explore the potential of advanced analytics, productive modelling and machine learning in the project
- Ensure regular upgrades and enhancements of system/software application where necessary
- Assist in scoping and piloting of digital solution and innovations under the project
- Assist in the periodic review of the processes, procedures and reporting formats and make necessary arrangements for improvement of the database software and
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by the MLGDRD/Project Coordinator
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information Sciences or related programe deemed relevant to the position. Have the qualification and professional experience indicated in table 6
- 5 years of professional experience in software and digital development in a reputed software development firm or digital start-up or a similar large-scale project.
- Possess excellent skills in Web/application and database technologies (including SQL, NET, Oracle, ASP, Net, JAVA, Web Services, PHP, CSS, HTML)
- 3 years of professional experience on a project funded by the world bank or an agency of the United Nations system or other donors of the same size. Have extensive knowledge of digital development issues and frontier technologies including but not limited to networking, server technology, web standards and interfaces, internet technologies & protocols
- Excellent digital skills
- Full proficiency in the English language (proficiency in French is an advantage)
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.