Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Administrative Assistant, Decentralized Evaluations - FAOAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draw attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Administrative Assistant for Decentralized Evaluations reports to the Regional Programme Leader and the Regional Evaluation Specialists.
Tasks And Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Regional Programme Leader RAF, and the Regional Evaluation Specialists, the office assistant will perform the following functions:
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information;
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc.;
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow up on pending actions;
- Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use a word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports;
- Proofread documents and format texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, as well as for adherence to established standards;
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems;
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for the Regional Evaluation Specialists and evaluation team members' evaluation missions as required;
- In conjunction with the Country Offices and other potential stakeholders, support the processing of travel authorizations, air tickets, insurance, and travel reimbursements, in accordance with the Organization’s standards;
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and evaluation of consultants’ contracts, including organization of interviews;
- Support the planning and control of budgets for decentralized project evaluations, executing payments as requested;
- Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information, and maintain electronic and paper files;
- Perform other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Secondary School Education
- 3 years of experience in administrative and operations support, logistics, planning and control of budgets for Projects
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and knowledge of French (level B)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Nationality of Ghana or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN field programme management procedures and guidelines;
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different
- levels of technical expertise;
- Working knowledge of French (Level C); an asset
- The extent of knowledge of corporate information systems such as Oracle, FAO COIN (Country Office
- Information System) and FAO FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System);
- Knowledge of FAO organizational structure.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in budgeting and planning
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.