Jobs In Tema 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by a guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases. GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations
to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services. We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
- The Development Communication and Visibility Officer’s primary function is to develop communications and visibility strategies and lead in the implementation of such strategies in line with the organization’s goals and vision, with the ultimate purpose of making GrowthAid the
go-to organization on WASH and NTDs for donors, policymakers and other collaborating organizations.
- He/ She will ensure that all works meet the national and organisational specifications and standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Facilitate the creation of communications strategy, and work with other teams to set communications priorities.
- Lead in the development and rollout of visibility, communications and influencing strategies and campaigns.
- Generate content that strategically communicates programmatic work in line with the organization’s values and ensure that updates and images used in public campaigns such as media, website articles, social media and fundraising are in line with standard requirements and regulations.
- Monitor and enforce responsible usage of information and images (photos/videos) in communications in compliance with the organizational policy with consent and usage protocols.
- Adhere to and enforce brand guidelines across programmatic communications.
- Ensure that fundraising efforts are actively and constantly supported by appropriate communications across all media outlets and publication materials of the organization.
- Develop and implement communications advocacy strategies and materials to guide/support conference participation, public speaking, and other advocacy campaign events.
Press and Media Management
- Develop appropriate materials for all media engagements/events and ensure that they are available in time to all staff and event stakeholders
- Serve as a point of contact for press and media enquiries.
- Lead in the facilitation of innovative opportunities to showcase the works of the organization.
- As applicable, provide updates and support for programme websites.
- As applicable, create, align and implement social media content in collaboration with team members.
- Ensure adherence to partnership communications requirements. Includes meeting grant and implementation partnership standards.
- Identify and carry out innovative digital marketing campaigns to accelerate brand awareness
People and Team Management and Support
- Lead in the induction of new staff on all aspects of communication and ensure that all staff are aware of their roles in ensuring effective communication within and outside the organization.
- Provide capacity-building support and good supervision to team members to yield maximum results.
- Maintain good communication and conflict resolution skills among staff.
- Provide an interactive environment for team members to learn and share ideas.
- Create a participatory environment for team members.
Business Development and Fundraising
- The key function of the communications and visibility role is to support fundraising. The Communications and Visibility Officer must therefore ensure that everything that he/she does is in support of fundraising.
- Ensure that all frequently asked questions (FAQs) that fundraisers ask are available in a format that is usable, in the right place and mirrors the values of the organization.
- Participate and provide support to teams in all the fundraising value-chain activities.
As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that organisational learning is more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Accountability to Users
GrowthAid team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, transparency, and integrity specifically, our users and to national and international standards, while actively engaging user communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Managerial Competences:
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member with shared goals
- Ability to motivate others to achieve results
- A good understanding of managing performance and performance management system.
B. Technical Competencies:
- Develop and/or finalize content for the website and social media handles including webpage management.
- Outstanding video and photo taking and editing skills, proofreading, and writing skills with an unwavering attention to details preferred
- Strong graphic design programme skills preferred
- Strong interest in story telling both hearing and creatively telling them
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, google suite and relevant tools
- Project management skills and ability to independently multitask and prioritize
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; ability to work with our partners, colleagues and those we support on the field.
- Ability to adapt and work in a flexible and evolving environment
- High level of comfortability with new technologies and ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Willingness to occasionally work in a varying schedule.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Must have a minimum qualification in fields relating to Communication or Marketing, or International Relations/Development/Gender Studies complemented by work experience and possess a relevant first degree.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in a similar role (non-profit setting with remote team structure)
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
All interested applicants that meet the specifications of the various position should submit an application letter and a current curriculum vitae (CV) to:
Please indicate the position in the subject.
Closing Date: 10th July 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.