Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Specialist Category manages and successfully drives multiple product categories over an e-commerce driven channel, while achieving targets against the KPIs as per the system.
The role is responsible for maximizing the sales and profit of the categories and achieving sales budgets while remaining competitive in the marketplace, including working with suppliers and brands to be sold on the platform, working with merchandising teams on promotional planning and forecasting sales trends and drive category P&L.
- Manage product listing, and assortment, select a target market, plan promotional events and sales & work closely with Marketing teams.
- Enlist new products and make it SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly
- Execute strategy for growth within the category
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of Category strategies and propose and offer suggestions for improvements
- Execute strategic positioning of a product category in order to maximize its visibility, in line with group guidelines and manage listing of relevant categories & products on the E-commerce platform.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Drive initiatives to maximize sales and profit of the categories and achieving sales budgets while remaining competitive in the marketplace
- Research competitors and suggest appropriate pricing and promotional activities
- Build on the existing business by adding new categories and product portfolio listings on the marketplaces
- Manage product returns and inventory mix
- Support line manager to negotiate all vendor buying agreements between the OpCo and respective suppliers
- Work with merchandising teams on promotional planning and merchandising
- Work closely with Suppliers, mostly Brands and engage them in Joint Business Plans with a promise of growth and scale
- Assist in planning website layout and taxonomy to improve the customer shopping experience
- Monitor product lifecycle of every product in the category and take early calls for opportunity maximization
- Work closely with Sellers on specific product categories
- Accurately forecast trends, planning stock and monitoring performance.
- Drive business growth, and market share of the specific Category with a strong bend towards product, competition & consumer analytics
- Assist to develop the product range and finalize the pricing strategy for products
- Report daily to line manager progress made within the work area and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organisation
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific projects, as required
- Performs other tasks and duties, as assigned
- Evolution and highly competitive Fintech Industry
- Multi regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
- Performance-driven environment
- Global and MTN Group Fintech standards and best practices
- Active media engagement and brand reputation
- Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
- Agile ways of working
Qualification Required & Experience
A University Degree in Marketing, Commerce, or any related discipline
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A minimum of 3 years’ total experience in E-commerce and/or Category Management or related field is required
- Experience in E-Commerce, Fintech, banking is preferred.
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding emerging markets is preferred
- E-commerce Business Operations & Ecosystem
- Fintech / Mobile payment business
- Logistics Operations
- Commercial partnerships
- Client relationship management
- Value Proposition development
- Solution Development
- Business Case Development
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Sales forecasting, planning, and reporting
- Strong Relationship Building skills
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Strong coordinating skills
- Ability to keep classified information
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Analytical thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Innovative and drive for continuous improvement
- Attention to detail
- Client Focus
- Achievement Orientation
- Initiative driven
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 8th June 2022 to:
Kindly indicate the Position (an exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 8 June 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.