Driver - ACDI/VOCADriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Since 1963, ACDI/vOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non profit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. MSR will leverage over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana. The project will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Driver position. The Driver is responsible for safe transport of ACDI/VOCA’s MSR staff and ensuring the vehicles are properly maintained and kept in good technical condition. The position is based in Tamale and reports to the HR & Operations Manager.
- The Driver will be responsible for providing transport services project-wide in order to transport project employees on official duty to and from specified places whenever needed.
- Operate passenger vehicles as directed by the supervisor.
- Transport project employees and other visitors from and to the main office in Tamale.
- Deliver or pick up mails and miscellaneous items to or from specified places.
- Ensure washing and cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Maintain vehicles in serviceable condition and performs minor preventative maintenance daily.
- Alert supervisor when the need for repair arises.
- Update daily vehicle log sheets and review previous records for accuracy.
- Record gasoline consumption after each refilling.
- Organize daily travel routes and juggle conflicting requests.
- Ensure that the road license and insurance stickers and any other mandatory documents of the vehicles are updated on a timely basis.
- Ensure that vehicles are equipped with the proper equipment at all times; perform other duties as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Academic qualification of a Grade 12 certificate and/or Vocational Training is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of driving experience, preferably with International Development Organizations in Ghana. Experience working within the regions of Ghana is highly preferred (especially Northern Ghana).
- Mechanical background and skills are an added advantage (Certifications a definite asset).
- Current divers license – ability to drive 4X4 Vehicles.
- Certificate in Defensive Driving
- Clean driving record.
- Good English communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office - Word and Excel
- Extensive knowledge of local traffic laws and traffic conditions.
- Navigation systems skills (GPS, Google maps, etc.).
- Good English and local language communication skills.
- Valid First Aid Course an asset.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.