Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Marketing and Communications Officer position works closely with technical experts, GROW2 management, and local implementing partners to enhance, implement and regularly evaluate strategic marketing and communications plans/strategies which support the project’s goal of economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana.
The role holder will also be responsible for the implementation of the project’s communications strategy, collection of multimedia content, and development of client stories that demonstrate the impact of the project on local and international audiences. Reporting to the Monitoring and Impact Measurement Manager, the Communications Officer will capture client stories and other content for the project’s communications purposes.
This position will involve travel to project sites, client, and partner locations in the Northern, Upper West, and Savannah Regions.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implement the project’s communications and marketing strategy.?
- Develop communications content for project reports, website, Facebook, and other print materials including writing client stories, quarterly newsletters, blogs, and articles, and house these in an organized database for the use of the project.
- Support the efficient utilization of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website, blogs), SMS ‘text-messaging’, graphic/multi-media software (Adobe Suite), and other technology-based communications solutions.
- Plan and execute events and campaigns that promote the successes of Women Smallholder Farmers (WSHF) and agribusinesses.
- Assist the MIM Manager with research and evaluation of the most effective approaches to reach WSHFs and agribusinesses and continue building communications and marketing linkages that will strengthen clients’ access to a full range of information on an ongoing basis.
- Routinely collect information (such as news articles) on agriculture, economic development, and gender-related issues in the Zone of Influence (ZOI) and beyond to share with staff and partners.
- Assist the MIM manager to monitor and genuinely contribute to realizing results-based project targets
- Contribute to project annual work plans, progress reports, and other MIM, reporting, and communications activities, in collaboration with project staff
- Support, plan and execute events and campaigns that promote the successes of GROW2 clients
- Assist with evaluating the most effective approaches to reach GROW2 partners and clients and continue building communications and marketing linkages that will strengthen their access to a full range of information on an ongoing basis
- Collect data, analyze data, and write compelling official reports on all organizational interventions and activities for both the local and international public.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s degree) in a relevant field such as development communications, marketing, journalism, community development, ICT, or international development
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in the design, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of marketing and/or development programs (required) – with relevant marketing portfolio samples upon request.
Previous experience working with an international non-governmental organization (INGO) (highly desired)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision, and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty
- Solid experience in the design and implementation of either commercial market research agendas, small to medium anthropological research studies, or other social science research applications. Likewise, experience in the design and implementation of FGDs, interviewing, PRA, or other participatory methodologies (desired)
- Previous experience in print, video, television, or radio production (desired)?
- Comfortable utilizing information technology and various social media platforms, as well as managing web-CMS, SMS campaigns, and technology-based communications solutions (highly desired)
- Sector experience: agriculture/agribusiness, and/or extractive sectors plus some rural experience (desired)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.