Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Accra : Systems Strengthening Team Lead - Chemonics InternationalSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Directly supervise team of systems strengthening program officers, vaccines logistics officers, Logistics Management Unit (LMU) officers attached to SSDM (GHS) and the capacity building coordinator.
- Work with the USAID GHSC-PSM Ghana Country Director , the Technical Director and other Team Leads to develop strategic direction for systems strengthening initiatives for supply chain management, including, but not limited to, technical assistance initiatives at the central, regional, and district level; the deployment of a web-based logistics management information system to improve data visibility and decision making regarding supply chain management; and supply chain monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with the USAID GHSC-PSM Technical Director on implementation of the supply chain master plan, Ghana pharmaceutical traceability strategy, and any other supply chain policy initiatives including support to the Oxygen Ecosystem.
- As part of the senior leadership team, prepare and implement annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications.
- When requested by the Country Director, attend or co-attend technical meetings and represent the project to USAID, partners and the MOH, liaising with partners and stakeholders at the central, regional, and local levels.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assess existing health commodity supply and distribution systems in Ghana and recommend feasible options to strengthen management and accountability of health commodities along the supply chain.
- Manage team to design and roll out innovations to increase reporting rates, improve data quality at all levels of supply chain activity and increase access to information on stock status country-wide.
- Design and implement technical assistance and capacity building initiatives that improve the ability of MOH staff at the central, regional, and local levels to manage the supply and distribution of health commodities.
- Oversee implementation of targeted training and capacity building programs to improve pharmaceutical management, use of data and electronic information systems, quality assurance, and accountability at all levels of the supply chain.
- Oversee development of technical manuals, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for systems strengthening.
- Document and track lessons learned in systems strengthening initiatives.
- Other duties as required by leadership.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in supply chain systems strengthening; USAID experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility for designing, managing, and implementing supply chain/ systems strengthening programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects in developing country or low-resource contexts.
- Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
- Experience successfully managing teams and ensuring quality and timeliness of their products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.