NGO Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Networking and Entrepreneurship Coordinator - Alinea FoundationNGO Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WEE-North is a five-year (2020-2025) project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by Alinea Foundation. It aims to enhance economic empowerment for young women in the five regions of northern Ghana by providing hands-on industrial trades training in plumbing, welding, construction, bricklaying and tiling, electrical installation, small engine repair, painting, and POP. Following training, young women artisans are attached to industries for practical experience and linked to local groups of tradeswomen for support and job opportunities.
Purpose: Networking and Entrepreneurship Coordinator
The purpose of the Networking and Entrepreneurship Coordinator is to ensure that graduates from the WEE-North programme have support from local tradeswomen and colleagues to continue working in the trades and expanding their businesses.
The Coordinator will form groups and support women with soft skills training, loan assistance, and networking, entrepreneurship and job opportunities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Required Qualifications and Qualities:
- University qualification or equivalent education and work experience for the job
- Dynamic, creative individual who works well independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, problem-solving, trouble-shooting programmer
- Gets along well with young women and community stakeholders
- Feels comfortable engaging with government and private sector stakeholders at regional level
- Enjoys field work, able to travel frequently
- Works effectively in a busy office, sharing facilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Speaks languages of northern Ghana
- Commitment (personal, professional) to the principles of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP), with experience of supporting local women’s organizations that advance women’s rights and engaging men and boys in the fight for gender equality
- Able to conceptualize social-gender analysis issues of marginalization, poverty, discrimination, GBV, SRHR, education, and work
- Familiarity with Ghana’s TVET sector and commensurate challenges for girls and women in the industrial trades
- Ability to advocate at micro, meso, and macro levels for WEE North’s Gender Equality goals
- Understanding apprenticeship, mentorship and role model approach for training and counselling women, especially in the trades
- Formation of women’s groups and cooperatives for the purpose of entrepreneurial activities
- Organization of district and regional women’s networks and alliances, and their meetings, conferences, and forums
- Training of women in life, soft, and business skills (leadership, communication, lobbying)
- Contacts with Ghana Enterprises Agency (BRC), Association of Ghana Industries, NVTI, Ghana TVET Services, C-TVET, GES, business skill training hubs, Trade Associations, key local industries
- Adeptness with Microsoft Office
- Social Media whiz, including design skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Please include your CV and a letter of application describing in detail how your qualifications and experience are relevant for the job and explaining why you want the job.
Send applications to [email protected] with Networking and Entrepreneurship in the subject line. Each application should include at least two attachments: a comprehensive CV and a detailed letter. In addition, the candidate is welcome to include relevant work-related products (training materials, social media pages, photographs, research or activity reports). Please indicate in the letter when you can start.
Deadline for applications: 27 May 2022, 5 p.m.
Because of the volume of applications, we are sorry to say that applicants who are not short-listed will not be contacted. Thank you for applying.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.