Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Feed the Future Ghana Trade and Investment Activity (GTI) is a 5-year project aimed at growing and diversifying exports to boost national GDP and household income for Ghanaian citizens through the adoption and enforcement of internationally recognized standards along agricultural value chains, the reduction in time and cost to move goods across borders, and increased investment, especially among small and medium enterprises.
- Support implementation of Feed the Future Ghana Trade and Investment Activity (GTI) interventions related to improving the adoption of international standards, and traceability systems by small and medium-sized enterprises and their suppliers along with targeted high-value export-oriented agricultural value chains
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage day to day program implementation of activities along target value chains by coordinating interventions with project staff, consultants, volunteers, and field-based partners in the private and public sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support delivery of interventions to ensure that international standards are adopted, traceability systems are more widely used, and value chain actors improve SPS, food safety, and quality practices to meet export market demands.
- Provide technical backstopping support to project beneficiaries in the implementation of traceability systems as part of improving compliance with international standards in their operations.
- Provide advice and assist partners to remain aligned to GTI project objectives and implementing mechanisms.
- Actively cultivate and maintain professional relationships, and partnerships with partners, GoG, exporters, packhouse operators, agribusinesses, farmer organizations, and other relevant entities to improve quality and standards along target value chains.
- Travel to intervention sights to meet with stakeholders and beneficiaries as needed.
- Coordinate all international and national consultant and volunteer travel in-country (pre-arrival and in-country activities).
- Manage the onboarding and orientation process for all consultants and volunteer experts as well as travel with them to field sites to ensure successful delivery of assignments and effective engagement of hosts and beneficiaries as needed.
- Support the collection of relevant monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) data in collaboration with the overall project’s MEL staff and system.
- Design and draft narrative success stories from corresponding interventions in close collaboration with the Quality Standards Director and IESC Home Office.
- Other tasks as requested by the Quality Standards Director.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, international development, economics, public policy, or another relevant field with relevant experience; Graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in the agricultural and/or international development sectors.
- Experience working and/or collaborating with key agricultural stakeholders in Ghana, including private sector agribusinesses, and the Government of Ghana (particularly the Ministry of Food and Agriculture).
- Knowledge and experience in mobilizing field-based activities for proven results.
- Knowledge of export-oriented agricultural value chains is preferred particularly in high-value horticulture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Must be fluent in English.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.