Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Abt Associates is currently hiring for an International Financial Reporting Manager. This position plays a critical role in the financial reporting, internal control and accounting cycles and is responsible for overseeing the preparation and review of GAAP, IFRS and statutorily compliant financial statements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of assigned foreign statutory audits for 50+ foreign jurisdictions
- Implement best practices in the application of GAAP, IFRS, OHADA or statutory regulations and the best use of available technology
- Ensure all financial reports are issued timely in accordance with prescribed reporting deadlines
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and maintain financial statement preparation, ensure all financial statements are issued timely in accordance with established deadlines, and audit oversight of policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls
- Ensure all requirements related to GAAP, Government Accounting, and Company Policy are appropriately considered and addressed
- Coordinate financial reporting and audit activities with key stakeholders, including Abt’s International Development Division (IDD), International Accounting team, Corporate Tax team and Legal team.
- BA degree with a concentration in Accounting
- CPA preferred, not required
- Experience in international financial reporting, specifically with developing nations
- Experience with a Big Four Accounting firm a plus
- Superior computer skills. Expertise in Excel
- Experience in government property accounting and fixed assets
- Expertise in process design and improvement for optimal results
- Ability to collaborate with employees and all levels of management.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence
- Experience mobilizing team members and colleagues to focus on key issues, tasks and priorities
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in IFRS, GAAP and other accounting guidance
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.