Jobs In Tema 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. Ensure that DCP’s procurements established processes are followed and strictly adhered to.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Scrutinise the purchase request from user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement, Quotation, Tender and Request for Proposal
- Work together with departments, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Supply Agreements in a clear and concise manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sustainable procurement best practices, while adhering to the company’s corporate policies prior to issuing the RFQ/tender.
- Coordinate the negotiation of quotations/tenders for the purchase of goods and services for the company.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with major suppliers for greater consistency and efficiencies in the procurement process.
- Carry out an in-depth analysis of all bids received in response to each Tender, Proposal and Quotation to identify the response that best meets the needs of the user department.
- Prepare contract/LPO with vendor and maintain contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Develop and formulate purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Participate in the annual reporting process for budget requirements, including monitoring and tracking of all outstanding orders.
- Perform audits of Procurement processes to identify problem areas and/ or high usage commodities where pricing agreements may benefit the organization.
- Arrange and implement supplier development strategies.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Management Sciences or another related field
- A Master’s Degree/MBA will be an added advantage
- Membership in relevant Professional Association (CIPS, NIPS etc)
- 18 and above years’ experience in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry
- Knowledge & Use of SAP Materials Management (MM).
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good analysis and organizing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private health insurance
- Provident Fund
- Paid time off
- Training and Development
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.