Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Senior Manager, Issuers - Securities and Exchange Commission GhanaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Manager, Issuers at Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana is to ensure that issuers of securities to the public conduct their activities in accordance with Securities Laws and Regulations.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Review securities Offer Documents in line with Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Regulations 2003, L.I. 1728, and Companies Act 2019 (Act 992).
- Review applications for Takeovers and Mergers and other forms of business combinations in line with SEC Code on Takeovers and Mergers, 2008 and the Companies Act 2019 (Act 992).
- Monitor securities offerings and business combination activities and processes to ensure compliance with securities laws and regulations and produce project closure reports.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead post-offer review of issuers of securities to ensure terms and conditions of the offers as contained in offer documents are complied with.
- Review Annual Financial Reports and Interim financial Statements of listed companies to ensure compliance with Securities Regulations and Accounting and Auditing Standards.
- Conduct on-site review of issuers with securities listed on the main exchange and the GFIM of the Ghana Stock Exchange using risk-based approach to ascertain compliance with the Companies Act 2019, Act 992, SEC Regulations 2003, L.I. 1728 and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Conduct investigations into accounting malpractices or misreporting by public companies where the Commission so suspects.
- Liaise with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG) on matters of accounting and auditing standards.
- Review Corporate Governance structures/processes of public companies and measure compliance with:
- The SEC Code of Corporate Governance for companies with securities listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange,
- the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 929) and the Securities Laws and Regulations.
- Develop market guidance notes for the implementation of Act 929 and SEC Regulations for streamlining market practices.
- Play a lead role in the preparation of annual work plan of the department and quarterly performance review of same.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Educational & Professional Qualification
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or any relevant field.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A Qualified Member of a Professional Body such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA and in good standing with a minimum of 9 years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years post-Bachelor’s-Degree relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be in a managerial level in a reputable organization.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Competencies Required
- Knowledge in Accounting Principles, International Auditing Standards (ISAs) and Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements of public companies for profitability, solvency and going-concern purposes.
- Working knowledge of the securities market.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent management, problem-solving and writing skills.
- Ability to take initiatives, innovate, exercise sound judgement and take responsibility for actions.
- Ability to work with direct reports to achieve departmental goals and must have good temperament.
- Be hardworking, result-oriented and time conscious.
- Have strong ethical and professional skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.