Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Market-Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS region (MOVE) project focuses on building resilient cashew and rice value chains to contribute to the creation of jobs and income in West Africa, with ECOWAS as its main political partner.
The project is mainly funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), with co-funding from the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented jointly with numerous private and public partners. MOVE intervention countries include Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Scope of the role
- The Finance Officer is primarily responsible for providing support within the department in dealing with all questions arising in this area.
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures.
- Monitors the real accounts (payables, receivables) and reports regularly to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and the accounting manager.
- Submits the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers (through or from WINPACCS) to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and forwards them to GIZ Country Office
- Ensures full compliance to internal control/ auditing rules.
- Carries out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both regular and unannounced dash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- Calculates travel advances and travel claims, proper checking of invoices for accuracy.
- Trains partners and advisors on accounting and financing procedures in accordance with GIZ requirements.
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- MBA/BSc/BA in accounting, finance, auditing, or similar area
- At least 3 years of work experience with a focus on accounting/administration in a comparable position
- Must have good working knowledge in formal events planning with good management skills
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems, (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications most especially excel
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset
- Experience with working in multicultural environment, with good interpersonal relationship and negotiation skills.
- Rendering result-orientated performance; willingness to take up responsibility
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2022/MOVE/05/01
Closing Date: 31 May 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.