Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC Ghana) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Procurement Officer I (Assistant Registrar II).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Procurement Department:
- Preparing the procurement plan and supervising its implementation;
- Managing the procurement procedure for goods, works and services;
- Participating in preparation of the annual budget;
- Coordinating international transactions, establishing letters of credit and clearing goods from the ports;
- Ensuring the effective management of contracts and asset disposal;
- Undertaking supplier development activities and providing inputs for the formulation of policies and plans of the Council;
- Managing the human and material resources of the department.
- Ensuring that procurement is undertaken within the framework of the law.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Applicants should possess:
- First Degree in Procurement and Supply or Bachelor of Commerce (Minimum, Second Class Lower). Any additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage. The successful applicant must be conversant with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) as amended, 2016 (Act 914);
- A minimum of WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate or their equivalents with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics, at ONE (1) sitting.
- WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate with credits in six subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than TWO (2) sittings.
Applicants must have at least six (6) years relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable institution and must be a certified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or any recognized Professional Procurement body.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Appreciable level of computer literacy.
- Good human relation skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- High sense of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years old at the time of applying.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.