Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a global company applying our successful model of landscape restoration to contribute to three of the world’s most critical environmental problems – the need for effective solutions to mitigate global climate change; to reverse some of the world’s most degraded landscapes; and to provide an alternative fiber to disrupt consumer products and markets that still contribute to deforestation and deforestation driven emissions.
We are US based with operational headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a growing land base of >22,000 hectares under bamboo restoration activities across Nicaragua, South Africa, Ghana, Rwanda and the Philippines.
We have spent the last decade building the framework for bamboo to be a solution to achieve the above and are poised to scale and are committed to planting over 1 million bamboo clumps and a further 1 million trees on degraded lands in Ghana and the Philippines in 2022 and are looking for two super-star Finance and Operations Managers to join our teams in Mindanao, Philippines and Agogo, Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your role will be ensuring that our business and operational plans, goals and objectives are supported with robust financial strategies and systems while ensuring strict compliance with EcoPlanet Bamboo’s corporate policies as data collection systems.
Location: Rural - Based on the Farm in the Ashanti Region, with Agogo being the Closest Town
- Oversee and improve on systems for all aspects related to the financial management and reporting of our reforestation activities.
- Develop annual plantation budgets as per the company structure in conjunction with the General Manager and Plantation Managers.
- Provide monthly and annual summaries of budget to actual spending, cash reconciliation and variance reports, in line with EPB systems and structures.
- Provide ongoing assessments of reforestation operational activities against cost assumptions and continually work to improve efficiency and refine systems.
- Manage operational data collected by field teams and provide monthly and annual reports on financial and operational achievements.
- Break down complex operational aspects and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) into easy-to-digest analysis, gathering data and producing visualizations and reports that are easy to interpret and tell a story both in country and in comparison to other project locations.
- Oversee local accountants and associated reporting requirements, including on time delivery of all tax and financial requirements to ensure the company is always in compliance with local regulations as well as corporate requirements.
- Adhere to and train relevant staff in project administration and operation policies and procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or related field and a minimum 5 years of finance and operations experience, or Master’s degree and 3 years of finance and operations experience,
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities as well as managing expenditures within budget
- Computer fluency, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required, serve effectively as a cross-functional team member
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a fast-evolving business
- Excellent written and spoken English
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.