Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a global company applying our successful model of landscape restoration to contribute to three of the world’s most critical environmental problems – the need for effective solutions to mitigate global climate change; to reverse some of the world’s most degraded landscapes, and to provide an alternative fibre to disrupt consumer products and markets that still contribute to deforestation and deforestation driven emissions.
We are US based with operational headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a growing land base of >22,000 hectares under bamboo restoration activities across Nicaragua, South Africa, Ghana, Rwanda and the Philippines.
We have spent the last decade building the framework for bamboo to be a solution to achieve the above and are poised to scale and are committed to planting over 500,000 bamboo clumps in Ghana in 2022.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your role will be responsible for managing the silviculture operations at the Bandai Hills Forest Reserve and/or North Bandai Forest Reserve, in order to ensure effective forest management. The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Location: Rural - Based on the Farm in the Ashanti Region, with Agogo being the Closest Town
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and direct silviculture operations under your supervision in line with company objectives, to a high quality and standard.
- Innovate and suggest solutions for operational streamlining and productivity improvement.
- Record keeping of field data and reporting of daily and weekly achievements on plantation development.
- Perform fire standby and firefighting duties.
- Oversee training and quality control management in order to ensure timely completion of all plantation activities.
- Be innovative and suggest solutions for operational streamlining.
- BA/BS in Forestry or related field and a minimum 2 years experience in forestry operations at the forester level
- Proven experience in silviculture operations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have a valid motorcycle driver’s license
- Experience supervising teams and improving productivity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Must have the ability to compile, present and execute work plans and reports.
- Knowledge of agrochemicals and their use will be advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken English
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.