Jobs In Obuasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Contractor Safety and Training Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to deliver safety training programs for contractor employees to ensure onboarding checks, assessment and approvals, review of contractor permit to work systems to ensure compliance and overall ensure the delivery of safety training as per reviewed safety training matrix, and to monitor contractor compliance to statutory safety requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ensure all contractor safety training procedures and standards are up to date and fully implemented.
- Develop OHS training needs analysis and plan for the mine
- Ensure that all Safety training (Contractor Safety Inductions, HRM, Technical, Work Pack, Risk-based Inductions) are conducted as planned and applicable records kept.
- Liaise with Line Management regarding safety skills gaps and training as requested and align training to legal, operational, and work practices/requirements.
- Support the line management to ensure that OHS-related contraventions are addressed through appropriate training
- Ensure contractor safety audits are completed and effective actions generated and properly followed up till they are fixed
- Ensure all contractors are periodically assessed to understand compliance with MINCOM statutory safety requirements
- Ensure training resources and training facilities are well maintained.
- Ensure OHS training modules are designed and prepared to meet the AGA requirements and the training needs of the employees.
- Ensure timely completion of reports on all safety training delivered to contractors and submission to the Senior Manager – Safety & Health
- Review the Safety Management Plan for all small contractors and ensure they are consistent with AGA Standards and Procedures, as well as ISO 45001 and 14001 requirements
- Complete and sign off Contractor Onboarding certificate ensuring all requirements are satisfied to meet AGAG requirements. Oversee all contractor OHS onboarding management processes (technical adjudication; commencement certificate; induction; kick off meeting; contract owner engagement)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Health and Safety certificate of competency – Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission
- Must have a Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be certified as a Lead / Internal Auditor for ISO 45001 and 14001
- Certified trainer with a minimum of 3 years training experience in the mining industry
Must have 5 years of experience working in Health and Safety supervisory role.
- Must have at least 3 years of training experience in the mining industry and be certified as a trainer
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of General Safety management systems; especially Underground Safety
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Audit and Inspection – Has completed an external safety or lead audit course. Has participated in audits at other sites as a team member and can develop workplace inspection systems.
- Incident investigation – Has successfully completed Incident Investigation program training course and can apply this knowledge to lead investigations for moderate or high events and can participate as a team member in major and extreme events.
- Data and Information management – Understands basic lead and lag safety data and can manipulate this data to develop short term safety improvement plans. Ability to develop work plans for teams to meet predetermined objectives
- Must have good planning, integration, and resource management skills
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.