Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Underground Mining Engineers. This is an Obuasi-based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi.
REMUNERATION: The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanized mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic, and outcome-focused environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implement and maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures, and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
- Implement and develop the operating mine design processes to ensure alignment; between the underground mining operations and project strategic objectives;
- Deliver short and medium-term mine plans to achievable;
- Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all mine planning risks and opportunities for the project;
- Coordinating mining engineering projects with the mining team and other engineering disciplines.
- Underground design, planning, and optimization in development;
- Ensures accurate interpretation of underground designs;
- Undertaking improvements of mining activities;
- Working with specialist software to support planning programs;
- Overseeing construction projects and ensuring that operations run smoothly;
- Monitoring production activities;
- Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies;
- Managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records;
- Ensure all activities within the area of control are completed to the specification nominated for the works being undertaken and standard that is fit for purpose and meets the end users’ requirement.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. or Diploma in Mining Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification work experience, three of which must have been in the Mining Industry, preferably underground mining
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must possess Blasting/Mine Supervisors certificate of competence
- High-level Strong Computer Skills with Proficiency in Mine Planning & Design software and other related packages
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana, and be able to interpret and apply these laws and regulations
- Leadership experience and a strong desire to coach and develop others
- Proven people management skills in a similar environment
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and have the ability to drive underground;
- Be commercially savvy with strong business acumen;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organizational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work, and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
CLOSING DATE: before or on 3rd December 2021.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.