Jobs In Obuasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Geotechnical Laboratory Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To coordinate and monitor the geotechnical requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plan. To mitigate geotechnical risk by identifying geotechnical hazards and advising appropriate actions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monitor geotechnical systems and procedures to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the Rock Engineering/Backfill strategies and programs.
- Perform laboratory testing as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Compile, log and record testing or operational data for review and further analysis.
- Effectively monitor geotechnical processes & systems to help establish and manage appropriate levels of studies to develop the Obuasi Mine asset potential.
- Monitor the implementation of short-term plans (Quarter by Quarter) to ensure delivery of budget requirements and operations strategy
- Coordinate geotechnical strategies to support the Quarterly risk assessment & Mitigation Plans
- Test and analyze samples to determine their content and characteristics, using laboratory tools or testing equipment
- Maintain assigned equipment and related calibration.
- Perform basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the stakeholders
- Carry out compliance reporting and monitoring processes and routines
- Conduct effective results tracking system
- Monitor geotechnical system in place to collect and manage operational data and to monitor performance
- Provide clear documentation of findings and results
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
- Attend safety communications and meetings
- Carry out an audit to confirm that safety goals and targets are achieved
- Adhere to legislative and regulatory compliance and document control
- Provide required information to help carry out an incident investigation
- Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Geotechnical function
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualification of Senior High School (Science) Certificate
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- With or without any years of experience in an underground mining environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in the computer (Microsoft windows)
- Demonstrate capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
- Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Knows when to engage Supervisors support.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.