Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding the Group’s business strategy and its implications for the business risk management, business enablement and advisory support roles
- Coordinate with stakeholders in Ghana, across the regions and group, with other FM Business Managers to increase transparency, share key learnings and best practice
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure compliance with policies applicable to Financial Markets which impact operational risk and other associated Principal Risk Types (PRT). Challenge processes, procedures and policy for improved ways of doing things.
- Simplify Processes in alignment with overall Group and business strategy
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes, and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation with support from SENIOR OPERATIONAL RISK OFFICER (SORO) and respective risk owners
- Responsible for supporting Financial Markets COO initiatives, driving adoption of initiatives at the country level
- Provide advisory support to the business
- Provide business enablement support to the business
The Business Manager (BM) represents the Ghana & Sierra-Leone Financial Markets business as the first line of defence, implements the Standard Chartered Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF), and supports the ERMF and associated Principal Risk Types (PRT) to ensure that front office business risks are effectively managed at the business unit level.
The BM to focus specifically on Ghana & Sierra-Leone Financial Markets controls, governance, supervision, advisory support, and business enablement. Other areas of focus include
- Ensure that all material operational risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported to relevant governance fora
- Ensure absolute adherence to country BAU OR deadlines, and effective business escalation from NFRF to the wider business or country risk committee, Southern Cluster name NFRF, Group FM Non-Financial Risk Committees (NFRC) and Group Business Risk Committee
- Develop control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards
- Align business strategy with operational risk appetite and seek to optimise the business’ risk-return profile
- Mentor FM staff across all segments on business controls, governance and supervision
- Be the go-to person for the business, for all operational risk related incidents/queries/events that arise, and become a business ‘Front to Back’ subject matter expert in all products offered in the market
- Ensure compliance with policies applicable to Financial Markets which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures and policy if there is a better way to do things
- Escalate issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the Regional Business Manager, Product Business Managers, COOs and FM Heads, when required
- Highlight emerging/horizon risks and take proactive measures to mitigate them
- Focus on Regulations, regulatory compliance and associated operational risks, cross border issues associated to Marketing and Selling to clients from one geography to another, and regulations that restrict these activities and network extensively
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external audit reviews relating to the area of business – liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely / accurate information is provided
- Working with the Senior Operational Risk Officer (SENIOR OPERATIONAL RISK OFFICER (SORO)), responsible for ensuring Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is completed by process owners for any failed audits and other key risk events. Review audit findings and key themes, assisting business to achieve resolution in line with business risk appetite
- Responsible for supporting the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensuring material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence
- Identify non-standard processes within the business, and ensure appropriate control mechanisms are implemented and monitored for effectiveness
- Identify non-standard processes, initiate and implement change
CONTINUE READING BELOW
People and Talent
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct for the Ghana Financial Markets business
- Responsibilities relating to identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, as well as an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them. For example -The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- All responsibilities under the Enterprise Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory – should be referenced, for example, act as the first line of defence under the Group’s Principle Risk Type Framework
- Participate in periodic peer reviews, subject to business need, to ensure consistency of risk management approach and support the business in embedding best practices
- Assist in presenting the Financial Markets Business risk concerns in the country risk forum (CNFRC/ERC/CIB NFRF/Southern cluster FM NFRF).
- With the guidance and support from Risk Owner and Process Owner, continuously identify and evaluate operational risks arising for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks in country
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to FINANCIAL MARKETS which impact operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there is opportunity for improvement
- Responsible for managing FM & FMO risk issues and tracking to closure in line with the FM/FMO client journey.
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (eg. process and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Groups arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and if necessary, overseas changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectation relevant to the role
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Assist the FM Head, Product desk Heads and the Regional FM Business Manager to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Effective Financial Markets and The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Working with the Senior Operational Risk Officer (SORO) and country compliance team, review new or revised regulations and implement new control measures and develop risk-based control validation checks for implementation where required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- FM Business Head
- Product Desk Heads
- Treasury Markets desk head
- CMPS head
- FM Regional Business Manager
- Compliance (CFCC)
- Operational Risk Officers
- FM Operations
- Group Internal Audit
- Country COO
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the Global Treasury-Markets team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Implement the governance oversight per the Memorandum of Understanding between FM, T-M & WMPS
- FM/FMO Client Journey implementation
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.