Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MainOne is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses, and Government institutions across West Africa.
- Ensure Compliance with all the Organization's security policies and procedures.
- Supervise all security personnel within the organization for the region, ensuring routine activities are carried out as specified and approved.
- Review CCTV footage on a weekly basis and provide report on events/observations
- Schedule duties of individual security officers including but not limited to patrols, leave, duty roster etc.
- Generate appropriate security reports on all incidents for management use.
- Ensure physical and environmental safety within the DC facility and its enviro, escalating any potential hazard to the management
- Ensure visitors/customers are not delayed at the gate for more than 2 minutes.
- Ensure constant inspection of all entry and exit registers, ensuring daily logs of all activities around the company.
- Serve as the first point of call for all security incidence escalation within the organization.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Work with the ISMS team to ensure the DC complies with the applicable physical security standards including monthly ISMS meetings.
- Provide clock in and clock out details for all Security personnel
- Ensure compliance by with the security policies and procedures governing the operations of the data center by all.
- Coordinate fire drills and emergencies, ensuring proper accountability for all employees within the building.
- Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Investigate security breaches, providing fact finding and incident reports to the senior Management.
- Ensure backup of all electronic surveillance systems are up to date and in proper working condition.
- Constantly conducting audits to find loopholes in security processes and recommending reviews as may be necessary.
- Supervise replenishment of first aid medications in the First Aid Box.
- Ensure the servicing and maintenance of all fire safety systems in the facility, working with the Operations team.
- Conduct HSE/Security induction training for Visitors.
- Prioritize security initiatives as may be recommended by senior management.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Responsible for managing the DC facilities ensuring that they are more aesthetically pleasing and remain people friendly.
- Develop and implement best practice facility management plans for the DC
- Ensure that the Company’s infrastructure deployed outside, around, and inside the facilities are properly maintained and working optimally.
- Ensure general upkeep and maintenance of DC grounds, buildings, and external perimeters to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as cleaning, landscaping, maintenance of drainage systems in and around the facilities, bush clearing, waste disposal, parking spaces, etc.
- Conduct regular /inspections/spot checks on the DC facility for signs of wear and tear and ensure stakeholders are engaged for resolution..
- Conduct regular facility risk assessment exercises around the DC area and recommend modes of management that ensure these risks are reduced.
- Ensure the DC facility meets compliance standards and government regulations.
- Carry out HSE inspection of the facility and its surroundings, ensuring follow through on any issues until closure.
- Keep up to date with environmental issues, new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of relevant facilities and health, safety, and environment (HSE) legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by Line Managers.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its global equivalent Degree/Higher National Diploma (HND) and must have at least 3 years’ experience on the role.
- Facility Management and HSE certifications will be an added advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Report writing skills
- Good attention to details
- Ability to coordinate other security operatives (armed or otherwise)
- People management skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good collaboration and team working skills
- Able to follow through, work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Time and self-management skills. Ability to take initiative and think out of the box
- Must be skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, procedures within the health, safety, and environmental fields.
- Must have knowledge or training in occupational health, safety, and environmental compliance with applicable international, federal, and state regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet emergency responses.
- Pragmatic approach to resolving issues
- Will be exposed to some dusty and noisy conditions periodically
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.