Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable and rapidly growing organization is seeking the services of smart, confident, performance-oriented, and experienced professionals to occupy the position of CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Advise the Senior Management and Board on Cyber and Information Security Management.
- Formulate an institutional methodology for managing cyber and information security risks.
- Develop the institution’s Cyber and Information Security policy and submit it to the Senior Management and Board for approval.
- Develop and update specific and general work procedures for realizing the institution’s cyber and information security policy.
- Maintain an ongoing process of cyber and information security risk assessment with the relevant institutional units, in order to analyze and assess:
- the risk levels integral to the institution's technological and business activities.
- the controls required to ensure systems integrity.
- the level of residual risk and exposure to cyber and information security threats the institution is willing to accept in implementing these activities.
- Integrate and coordinate all institutional cyber and information security efforts, including oversight and control of all institutional units participating in these efforts.
- Create a framework for receiving ongoing and ad-hoc reports from various institutional units.
- Initiate and conduct cyber and information security readiness exercises as follows:
- at least quarterly, an exercise shall be staged to assess the ability of one or more institutional entities to deal with a cyber-attack; and
- once a year, an exercise shall be undertaken to assess the preparedness of the entire institution to withstand cyber-attacks.
- Coordinate cyber and information security activities, including joint exercises with business partners and service providers.
- Promote cyber and information security awareness and train employees, suppliers, business partners, and customers.
- Continuously learn and monitor cyber and information security issues by identifying trends, methods, and advanced developments in the field while gathering information about emerging attack techniques and ways of dealing with them.
- Form a Cyber-Incident Response Team.
- Analyze cyber and information security incidents that have occurred in Ghana and worldwide, and assess their potential impact on the institution, as well as implement the relevant measures proposed.
- Develop metrics and indicators to assess the effectiveness of cyber and information security systems and procedures.
- Assess regular and ad-hoc institutional cyber and information security controls.
- Draw up annual and multiannual work plans, including budgeting, prioritization, and timetables for implementing the assessment processes.
- Prepare and submit annual reports to the Senior Management and Board, detailing the institutional cyber and information security defense level, weaknesses and vulnerabilities, available countermeasures, and the activities and budgets required to enhance its defenses.
- Be responsible for collaborating with relevant institutions involved in cyber and information security issues.
- Ensure preparation of reports on major cyber and information security incidents to the Bank of Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Information security OR Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- 3 years experience in a similar position
Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction
Knowledge in the use of Microsoft applications
Basic analytical and statistical skills
Fluency in English
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Strong problem-solving abilities,
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
Strong team player
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.