Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology.
This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers, and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers, and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge of telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge.
You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Issue handling via on-call/emergency roster
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
- Work with Customer operations team to resolve node and network-level issues
- Lead critical and emergency situations for fault isolation and timely resolution, on-call 24/7 Support engagement
- Drive Technical meetings and RCA reporting
- Support during new solution deployments.
- Knowledge transfer with operations team for network stability and daily tasks.
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and share information about solutions to enable customer competence to build
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To be successful in the role you must have
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related technical discipline
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years
- Domain experience: Ericsson UDM and MSS primarily, IMS handing, and knowledge will be added benefit for the candidate
- Experience from technical job roles is expected in Solution Integration and Customer Support including, Candidate will be assessed according to the following tracks:
- Hands-on experience of Ericsson UDM (HLR-FE, HSS-FE, EIR-FE, and CUDB) and MSS Domain nodes (AXE MSC-SBC, CPP M-MGW, APG43 Linux, Blade Cluster, and BSP Platform)
- Good understanding of LDAP, Diameter, Mobile Signaling covering C7, HSL, SIP, BICC, SCCP, H.248, etc
- Traffic flows covering CS Fallback and IMS/VoLTE
- Data Transcript handling for Number analysis, Global Title, Routing Case, and Parameter handling
- Familiar with AXE Test System Trace handling, MOSTI Trace, Capturing Unit, and Wireshark Trace analysis
- Able to troubleshoot for MSC application and Hardware (APZ, APG, and BSP issues)
- APG43 Linux troubleshooting and disaster recovery procedure
- AXE Correction Package loading, APG43 update handling
- Familiar and hands-on experience of IMS Domain Nodes vMTAS, vCSCF, vSBC (BGF functions), CPP MRS and vEME node will be added benefit for this position.
- Cloud and Virtualization knowledge will be beneficial
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it.
Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls.
You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.