Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the Manager, Legal and Enforcement at Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana (SEC) is to ensure compliance with all the Laws and Regulations and Guidelines of the Commission and provide the required legal advice and support services to all departments in order to achieve the objectives of the Commission.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide interpretation and assist with the implementation of relevant laws, regulations, and directives relating to the work of the SEC.
- Represent the Commission in Litigation either with the Commission’s Legal Team or with its External Solicitors.
- Conduct extensive legal research and analysis and provide legal opinions when required.
- Handle, formulate and draft legislation, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc., and amendment thereof as required by the SEC.
- Ensure the compliance by market operators with the provisions of the securities industry laws, Codes, Directives, Guidelines, Circulars, etc. including licensing of the market operator.
- Assist in instructing, liaising, and evaluating solicitors in the provision of services to the Commission.
- Prepare contracts and other legal documents to protect the interest of the Commission.
- Monitor evolution of the regulatory framework, make impact analysis, and update management.
- Identify legal risks for the Commission and provide advice.
- Provide corrective action in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Resolve problems in cases where laws have been ignored or misconstrued.
- Provide Company Secretarial Services in the absence of the Board Secretary.
- Work under the Head, Legal and Enforcement and with other members of the department and other departments when required etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- Must have a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s in Law (LLM) in a field relevant to the SEC.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Professional qualification in Law (BL).
- Must be a member of Ghana Bar Association and in good standing.
- A minimum of 9 years at the Bar with relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be in a management position in a reputable organization.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required for The Available Positions:
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritizing of activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.