Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is individually accountable for establishing and embedding a culture of compliance as well as ensuring that risk management processes are implemented at Business Unit (BU) levels through their own efforts. The incumbent initiates and facilitates corrective action where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures risk processes (Risk assessment, identification, management, reporting, and optimization) are occurring at the BU level
- Challenges risk management information received from reporting entities
- Monitoring top and emerging risks as well as putting in place management actions to mitigate the same
- Provides knowledge of systems/supporting guidance, procedures and assists the business in the implementation of risk issues
- Provides oversight for risk management activities ensuring Group Risk Policy statements are met
- Rolls out policies and ensures all policies are complied with
- Identifies applicable legislation and analyses the impact thereof on the BU and applies this to BU processes and procedures
- Ensures monthly risk control logs are updated and follows up with various Line Managers
- Establishes and embeds compliance across the various entities within the business.
- Ensures compliance within the area by implementation of compliance risk management and monitoring plans
- Compiles monthly reports (standing reports) on issues identified and reports on actions taken to rectify the problem
- Interacts with senior management on compliance and legislative developments that may influence the company's direction.
- Facilitates and in appropriate circumstances partakes in, remedial actions developed by the BU to help eliminate non-compliance with legislation and regulation
- Manages relationships with various stakeholders
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Business Awareness
- Technical Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (from an accredited university) in Actuarial science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, Law, or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in Risk, Legal, compliance and audit and /or enterprise risk management function
- Working Knowledge of Life Insurance business
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.