Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is an indigenous Ghanaian social marketing organization duly registered following the laws of Ghana on February 1, 2017. We partner with the government, private sector, and civil society is to improve the health of people living in Ghana primarily through the implementation of innovative evidence-based interventions that increases access to and utilization of health products and services in a measurable and impactful way. Our key intervention areas include Reproductive (including family planning and HIV), Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH), communicable and non-communicable diseases, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), nutrition, and malaria. Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) and social marketing remain our unique expertise. We utilize our deep insight and skills in SBCC and social marketing to promote positive social and behavior change among individuals and communities using strategies that address the interests of the people we are trying to reach, the obstacles to change, and the many forces that influence behavior and choice.
Our Mission is to be a truly Ghanaian organization that works to improve the health of people primarily through the social marketing of health products and services as well as health communications in a measurable and impactful way
The communication officer is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies about writing, proofreading, and editing TFHO’s annual reports, newsletters, success stories, promotional materials, website content among others. S/he is also responsible for developing standard templates to support the program team write short stories, brief impact reports among others.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Annual and other reports: ensure that reports are written using standard templates, proofread, edit, and publish such reports.
- Work with program team to develop success stories, and short impact reports.
- Develop standard impact report templates for communicating impact reports in poster form internally, and externally where required.
- Collaborate with marketing team/artwork designer on website content design, layout and imagery, and publication.
- Newsletter: Act as the chief editor of TFHO’s newsletter, and responsible for proofreading and editing contents before they are published quarterly.
- In addition, work with the programs team to identify activities worth publishing in the newsletter every quarter.
- Collaborate with the marketing team in the content, design, and layout of promotional materials ensuring contents are right and within context.
- Responsible for internally communicating program activity schedules/charts via emails, notice boards, and other media platforms for staff.
- Taking personal initiative that will contribute to effectively communicating TFHO’s activities to the desired stakeholders.
- Build and maintain healthy relations with partners who should be receiving communication content and materials.
Any other official responsibilities may be assigned to you.
Required Skills or Experience
- A masters' degree in communication or a relevant field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of related work experience.
- Experience in NGO or donor-funded settings will be a plus
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, social media, etc.
- Communication –
- Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members and act as a representative of TFHO to the public
- Proven technical knowledge of a wide range of multimedia.
- Proven article writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in the English language. Fluency in French will be a plus but not a requirement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Organization & Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results
- Attention to Detail — the role requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Analytical and Problem Solving – the role requires analyzing information and taking actions that reduce risks and costs and drives employee value
- Microsoft 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Planner, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive & SharePoint)
- Excellent Interpersonal Relationships – the role requires building and maintaining healthy relationships across all levels.
- Customer Service - the role requires being able to quickly adjust to the personality of guests and clients
- Information Gathering & Monitoring – the role requires data collection to make informed decisions
- Adaptability – ability to anticipate and respond swiftly to changing dynamics within the office setting.
- Negotiation – the role requires good negotiation skills
- Ability to live TFHO values of:
- Shared Vision.
- Consumer and Customer Focused – both internal and external.
- Local but International in Character.
- Results and a strong focus on measurement.
- Speed and efficiency, with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Must exhibit a high sense of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be a proactive and results-oriented person.
- Must be self-driven and be able to work under little or no supervision at all.
- Must be able to drive over long distances and possess a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may apply by email to
Please put “COMMUNICATION OFFICER” in the subject line. No Calls Please.
Deadline: 10th September 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.