Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre, and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities, and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Groups and Events Coordinator
Responsible for assisting the concentrated sales efforts of the Groups and Events Sales Team and extending that assistance to other professional sales team members when requested.
- The job of Groups & Events Coordinator is executed satisfactorily when:
- The Hotel achieves its Financial Objectives.
- The Group and Events Sales team achieves their Revenue Objectives.
- The person achieves their Personal Objectives.
- The Performance Evaluation is carried out to the satisfaction of both the Director of Groups & Events and the Groups and Events Coordinator.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assume complete responsibility for learning from initial orientation and training programs conducted when joining the sales team by the Groups & Events Manager and all sales associates.
- Constantly gather, understand, and apply the expanding knowledge of foods, beverages, technical equipment, and inter-departmental procedures to the sales and planning process with the client through the Groups & Events Manager.
- Maintain an up-to-date planning information portfolio for easy reference in the sales and planning process.
- Effectively represent the Hotel in all telephone, written, and personal contacts with potential, past, and current clients with warm and friendly guest contact, an ever-present willingness to assist, and especially an obvious desire to welcome client business to the hotel.
- Follow all directions and guidelines shared by the Groups & Events Manager precisely asking questions to better understand any directions and guidelines which may be unclear.
- Keep all colleagues abreast of all information from the client which may be vital to a timely response.
- Prepare all typed materials (proposals, contracts, banquet event orders, change forms, and all other inter-departmental forms) accurately and thoroughly realizing the importance of such to ensure anticipated results.
- Assume responsibility for small groups as assigned by the Groups & Events Manager following all department sales and planning procedures precisely and at all times.
- Handle all types of events under the supervision of the Groups & Events Manager
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Hotel School or University education preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a 5-star hotel preferably in Sales or Banqueting.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Negotiation skills
- Selling skills
- Knowledge of food and menu preparation, service, and presentation as well as pricing and cost strategies.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Groups & Events:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition, they should be especially:
- Passionate for European luxury
- Team player
- Open to new ideas and visions
- Can-do attitude at all times
- Effective communication skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.