Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Finance Analyst is a member of the Learning T2E Plus team working in partnership with the Learning SMLT, Finance, FHI 360 Operations and other units to efficiently operate and coordinate financial operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to country offices, to ensure the fiscal well-being of supported projects.
S/he provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to management and ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. S/he proactively guides and supports respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. The role will support ensuring full compliance with donor regulations and FHI 360 policies.
- Creates, reviews, and monitors multiple component activity budgets and expenditures.
- Collaborates with staff from other teams and other offices to update cost-to-complete analyses periodically.
- Using appropriate financial tools, track all unit costs of the radio reading program and the T2E Plus and report to USAID.
- Extract and analyze Costpoint expense report to review with workplan implementation.
- Maintain an online cost tracking system and ensure compliant monitoring and reporting on Costpoint expenses.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Uses financial systems to produce reports, analysis, financial models and databases.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in financial data and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Maintain financial, grants, and/or administrative reporting and tracking systems and provide related performance updates on activities.
- Prepares pre-award assessments for new sub-awards and determines appropriate invoice/report schedule and actual cost documentation.
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring activity costs.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all reporting deadlines.
- Support and maintain system (GFAS) for providing documentation for accounting transactions, enter all transactions and resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records and audit.
- Process payment for training participants for selected regions of responsibility by use of Mobile Money Payment Systems
- Review MoMo reconciliation reports and process retirements appropriately
- Support and maintain system (GFAS) for providing documentation for accounting transactions, enter all transactions and resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records
- Assure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting on standardized forms and document filing.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Commerce or related field.
- Significant (2+ years) experience of working in an Organization of similar or related nature, size, and complexity.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, administration and procurement.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills. Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English;
- Non-governmental organization (NGO), government, or private sector experience preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Associate Director, Finance
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.