Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A key element of national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation. The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavor by improving the conditions for creation of decent and productive employment.
Scope of the role
The finance officer will be responsible for providing support in ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with GIZ PuR and local legislation of Ghana.
- Carries out accounting procedures using bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both regular and unannounced cash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensures full compliance to internal auditing rules by carrying out indepth checking of vouchers submitted for processing
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Insures the tax calculations according the local legislation Ghana
- Follows up on all receivables with partner organizations and remind them for the expected action to be taken
- Calculates travel advances and travel claims, proper checking of invoices for accuracy
- Organises adequate filing system structure and files documents properly for easy retrieval
- Advises partners and experts on accounting and financing procedures in accordance international accounting system
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in BA/BSc Accounting, Finance, or similar area
- At least 3 years of work experience in auditing and accounting in a comparable position
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet); computer applications most especially excel or project management.
- Mandatory working knowledge and experience in IT-based accounting programs
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes; rendering result orientated performance.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.