Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. The incumbent will be responsible for all research, evaluation of purchasing services, supplies and equipment based on price, quality, and warranty to meet the needs of user department in line with Company policy and procedures.
Position: Direct Purchases Controller (Fixed Term)
- Coordinate Cost-Down initiatives through negotiation, design improvement identification and process improvement initiatives;
- Ensure Supplier On-Time Delivery and Quality performance Targets are achieved;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Handling the daily buying activities of the mine and ensuring vendor compliance with technical and commercial terms;
- Assist in developing procurement strategy & execution plan;
- Assist in coordinating Request for Quote (RFQs), through buyers to vendors and adjudicate on quotations in ways that benefit the company in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Assist in providing required input into the Galiano Gold Sustainability report regarding the status of deliverables against predetermined key performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Be the custodian of all Purchase Orders (POs) issued by Asanko to vendors by way of properly and correctly filing all such POs physically and electronically for ease of reference;
- Development of the Supplier Base capability;
- Ensure Inventory Stock Turn targets are maintained;
- Negotiation and documenting of Supply Agreements;
- Ensure Supplier Rationalisation and Reduction;
- Maintenance of Purchasing and Item Master Data Base;
- Problem resolution with delinquent suppliers;
- Build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers;
- Actively promote all Purchasing Initiatives;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelors Degree or HND in Purchasing and Supply or relevant discipline;
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification work experience as a Buyer/Procurement Officer preferably in the mining industry;
- Being a Chartered Member of CIPS/CILT would be an added advantage;
- Understand the supply market for Engineering materials;
- Experienced in sourcing from low cost countries;
- Strong Negotiator;
- Strong ability to build the capacity of suppliers;
- Demonstrable success in cost reduction through value Engineering;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must be conversant with the Procurement Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana and internationally recognized warehouse/inventory standards;
- Thorough understanding of internal purchasing policies and procedures;
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism;
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills with strong analytical mindset;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
- A strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
- Medically fit for the position and environment;
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license and the ability to drive in rough terrain.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.