Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Assistant Manager, Policy Research - Securities and Exchange CommissionAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana seeks to employ an Assistant Manager, Policy Research
To provide support in developing and implementing a coherent and coordinated policy and research programme aimed at achieving the object of the SEC.
Some Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Collect relevant data on the securities market, analyse such data and make recommendations to your supervisor about steps to be taken by the SEC to further regulate and promote the growth and development of the market.
- Analyse thoroughly occurrences and trends in the securities market and provide recommendations on how the Commission can further promote an efficient, fair and transparent securities market.
- Monitor the external environment, analyse and report its impact on the performance of the capital market.
- Conduct research on investor education in Ghana and work with the Communications and External Affairs Unit to design programmes, strategies and implement same to advance the level of investor education and protection.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conduct periodic research on the SEC; quality of service delivery, employees’ perception of leadership and job satisfaction, and the perception of the general public of the SEC whether or not it is delivering its mandate and make the necessary recommendations.
- Support in the development and implementation of strategy for the SEC to achieve the object of the SEC.
- Monitor development and trends in the capital market and analyse such development critically and advise on strategic options available to the SEC.
- Assist in the design and implementation of policy and research programmes in pursuit of a deep, diversify and well-regulated capital market for accelerated growth and development.
- Assist in managing and administering projects and programmes of the SEC by serving on project teams/committees.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports and other ad-hoc reports as required etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Project Management, Finance or equivalent qualification, master’s in the areas stated from an accredited tertiary institution is an advantage.
- Professional qualification such as CFA, ICAG, ICEG or any other relevant professional body and in good standing is an advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must.
- A minimum of six (6) years post Bachelor’s degree work experience.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent programme/project management skills.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research and make recommendations to your supervisor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritising of activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Hardworking and desire to learn.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills etc.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.