Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We, Syycol Limited are looking for an competent procurement officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that items procured are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement officer’s responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a procurement officer at Syycol Limited you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. You should be an astute negotiator and have a keen eye to detail to ensure all procurements meet both FDA, GSA and company standards.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supervising all local and international procurement activities.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, products, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Procurement Officer Requirements:
- Degree or HND in Procurement or Purchasing and Supply from a reputable school. Also,
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field is acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer in an FMCG distribution company critical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience is an advantage.
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.