Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Bengali Hospital, a General Nurse will work alongside the Senior Nurse, Senior Nurse-Midwife, Physician, other Health Professionals and Bengali Hospital’s Leadership Team. You will support all aspects of the medical process within Bengali Hospital by cultivating a true sense of empathy - with patients and fellow caregivers alike - while maintaining professionalism.
You will support Bengali’s strategic goal of aligning work around the ‘Patient First Strategy’; a customer-centred approach to quality healthcare. You must advise patients correctly about their health needs and act as a brand ambassador for Bengali hospital by talking to customers to promote the hospital as a hub for quality healthy living advice and care.
Daily collaborate with patients, coordinate with multiple caregivers and care teams. Be part of connecting patients with caregivers and aiding the hospital in better diagnosing conditions, recommend treatments, and monitor patients to make them healthier and happier. You will adhere to Bengali Hospital’s Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Best Practices Guidelines and Bengali Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines for the Health Sector.
- Performs duties related to patient care under the direction of regulated Health Care Professionals and/or Physicians in accordance with hospital standards, policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure proper documentation (i.e. patient information and forms are accurate in-patient chart) and when necessary liaising with medical laboratories and/or providers offices for appropriate patient documentation.
- Maintain documentation of all patients' contacts, reviewing and updating records as necessary. Prepare official health documents or records.
- Ensure Patients get a noise free environment during their health journey and stay at Bengali Hospital; particularly overnight.
- Obtain complete health and medical histories from patients including medical, surgical, reproductive, or mental health histories.
- Set up or monitor the administration of oxygen or medications.
- Evaluate patients' laboratory and medical records, requesting assistance from other practitioners when necessary.
- Test patients' hemoglobin, hematocrit, and blood glucose levels.
- Collect specimens for use in laboratory tests.
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Measure the physical or physiological attributes of patients’ medical treatment plans.
- Communicate detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers and the public.
- Collect biological specimens from patients.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Organizing, planning, prioritizing work, thinking creatively and critically.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, positively representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families, or communities, including assessment of individuals' home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Inform physician of patient's condition during anesthesia.
- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, or other anesthetics/sedatives to control pain.
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Evaluate patient outcomes to determine effectiveness of treatments.
- Treat acute illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Assist healthcare practitioners during surgery, examination, or treatments.
- Prepare patients physically for medical procedures.
- Being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- A willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Being honest, ethical, reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Critical Values and Attributes
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Leadership Self Control
- Analytical/Critical Thinking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Two - three years’ experience in hospitals – private and government; nursing and healthcare.
- A Registered General Nurse in good standing with the Ghana Registered Nurses and Midwives Association.
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge in the Ministry of Health mandated health care program areas.
- Good professional judgment.
- Good knowledge of the programs, regulations, and procedures of the Ghana Ministry of Health.
- Ability to use standard Nursing Station medical equipment.
- Skills and experience related to health education, promotion and prevention.
- Training or experience in crisis intervention, counselling and supporting individuals is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, and successfully adapt to changes in workload and work environment.
- Willing to participate in ongoing training and other professional development, and views learning as part of the job.
- Proficient in Microsoft office Applications and, Operating system.
- Ghana Nursing License (preferred)
Work Availability Expectations:
- Your working hours will be 8 a.m. -2 p.m. or 2 p.m. - 8 p.m. Monday- Saturday/Sunday.
Full medical coverage will be provided through our company's employee benefit plan and will be effective immediately. Bengali Hospital offers a flexible paid time-off plan which includes annual vacation, sick leave, pregnancy and parental leave and bereavement (compassionate) leave. Eligibility for the company retirement plan begins immediately after your start date.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Drop your resume and cover letter/CV with the Health Administrator at Bengali Hospital or email
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.