Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
MEDA is seeking qualified candidates for an experienced Deputy Project Manager to support an anticipated project that will increase economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. The successful candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana. Recruitment is contingent upon approval of the project by the donor.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Start Date: May 2021
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) shall assist the Project Manager (PM) to carry out responsibilities as may be assigned to him/her by the PM. The DPM shall assist the PM to ensure effective implementation of project strategies, adjusting course as needed based on interim performance, to achieve life-of-project performance targets. The DPM shall be located at Wa and the position would involve frequent travel to project locations within the project’s zone of influence. The DPM will report to the PM. As part of the in-country senior management team, the DPM will collaborate closely with other functional managers of the project and contribute to its overall success.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Deputy Project Manager’s key role is to assist the PM carry out activities under project implementation, financial management, project compliance, management of field staff, and any other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the PM. The Deputy Project Manager would act as leader of the project team in the absence of the Project Manager (PM). Specifically, he/she shall support the following:
- Co-leading the development of annual project workplans and procurement plans.
- Ensuring daily management of the project and assuming full accountability of project results
- Ensuring efficient utilization of project resources (human, financial, physical, etc.) for effective implementation.
- Ensuring project performance tracking.
- Co-leading preparation of project reporting, and milestone evaluations.
- Implementing security protocols.
Project Financial Management
- Co-leading preparation of annual budget in line with project workplans.
- Maintaining strict budgetary adherence and monitoring.
- Ensuring review and timely submission of regular financial forecasts and reports.
- Ensuring project is implemented in strict accordance with donor agreement and MEDA operational policies (HR, Finance, safety and security and Procurement).
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of project’s compliance with planning, monitoring, evaluation, performance, and reporting.
- Ensuring adherence to local legal requirements.
Management of Field Staff
- Overseeing the management of all field staff, including recruitment, selection, supervision, and ongoing performance evaluations.
- Managing successful relationships with the local Government, donor agencies, NGOs operating in the area, the business community, and other stakeholders
- Managing successful relationship with Key Facilitating Partners; ensuring positive relationships are maintained and project targets are achieved.
- Ensuring alignment with and integration in of the project work with district and national development priorities.
- Ensuring synergies and complementarities with other initiatives to avoid duplication of efforts.
New Business Development
- Support, as time allows, MEDA’s new business development efforts in-country and regionally.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education: University degree (ideally a master’s) in international development, business administration, economics, agronomy, nutrition or related field.
Experience: Proven track record of at least 10 years of senior level experience leading and managing complex, large scale, multi-million dollar economic and enterprise development initiatives (or similar private sector experience).
Technical: Project and professional management experience, staff management experience, overseas and/or international experience relevant to the region, experience with donors, bi- and multi-lateral government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other development agencies.
Project Requirements: Experience/expertise in at least one of MEDA’s areas of technical focus, including market systems, impact investment, gender equality & social inclusion, inclusive financial services, environment, and climate change.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s Mission, vision, and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty.
- Excellent skills in relationship management, including building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal communication.
- Proven leadership abilities with a multiple field office environment and relationships with North American-based HQ specialists and management.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required.
- Proficiency in regional languages is an asset.
- Functional experience in marketing, business planning, business growth advisory service or related areas.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Experience in using commercial business development services (BDS) providers to upgrade farmer, entrepreneur, and enterprise competencies.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.