Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The District Registration Officer (DRO) at National Identification Authority (NIA) under the general guidance of the Regional Registration Officer, shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Overseeing the operations of the NIA District Office;
- Managing the day-to-day affairs of the District Office;
- Providing efficient and effective management and administration, and upholding NIA’s standards of excellence and service;
- Liaising with the contact persons of institutions and property owners of facilities where NIA offices are located or where registration exercises will be conducted;
- Ensuring the availability of conducive atmosphere for the smooth registration of applicants especially the vulnerable and people with special needs;
- Providing input for the development of the budget and procurement plans of the District;
- Leading the delivery of customer-based services;
- Collaborating with MMDAs to ensure effective implementation of registration exercises in the District;
- Conducting staff appraisals within the District Office as may be required;
- Preparing staff performance reports for presentation to the Regional Registration Officer and Management;
- Preparing and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the District Office to the Regional Office;
- Providing inputs for the development of appropriate operational systems and manuals to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and corporate policies/standards;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensuring that complaints from applicants, holders of National ID cards, users of verification services and the general public are promptly investigated and addressed;
- Organising and implementing training programmes for staff in the District;
- Ensuring the adherence by staff to standard operating procedures and instructions issued from time to time by the Authority;
- Ensuring the discipline and welfare of staff in the District;
- Ensuring that logistics assigned to the district office are used judiciously and properly accounted for;
- Facilitating the safe and secure deployment and storage of registration materials and logistics in the district as well as their maintenance;
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Business, Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline from a recognised University or equivalent professional qualification is required;
- At least two (2) years post qualification working experience which combines strategy and operational leadership prior to working with the National Identification Authority;
- A minimum of three (3) months working experience with National Identification Authority is required;
- Proven completion of National Service.
Competencies and Skills
The successful applicant must have the following:
- Excellent leadership skills;
- High level of integrity and maturity;
- Sound decision-making skills;
- Strategic planning and performance management skills;
- Excellent and effective communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills;
- Good negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability and agility to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Fluency in at least one Ghanaian language;
- Working knowledge of one other Ghanaian language is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Having a licence to practice as a Commissioner for Oaths is an advantage;
- Willingness to accept posting to any part of the country.
Salary and other Conditions of Service: As applicable in the Public Service
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted with the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified photocopies of academic and professional certificates;
- Addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone numbers and e-mails;
- The cover letter should indicate applicant’s region and district of residence.
The application, together with the above-listed documents should be forwarded to:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX M680,
MINISTRIES POST OFFICE, ACCRA
Via the Link : https://recruitment.niaofficial.com
CLOSING DATE : Not later than 5th April 2021
NB: All unsolicited applications previously submitted to NIA shall not be considered;
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.