Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To assist in providing support services during the operation of drills, consumable management and change-outs, quality assurance for all drill holes, in a safe and controlled manner.
In This Role, You Will
Drilling Assistance Activities.
- Attend all pre-drill instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Drill Supervisor and follow specified instructions, prior to the execution of activities.
- Support Drillers to efficiently and safely drill holes for blasting.
- Assist in loading, securing and unloading drill equipment.
- Assist the Drillers in the positioning and movement of the drill.
- Understand, select and work with hand tools.
- Utilise pegs to stake out the drill hole sites when the jigsaw system is down.
- Measure the depth required for drill holes using measuring equipment.
- Spray-mark the depth of the hole, adjacent to the drill hole.
- Secure drill holes with PVC piping.
- Support the Driller in the operation of drills and associated equipment.
- Set up and pack up drill sites.
- Support drill tool change activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist and conduct inspection of all drill holes in preparation for the blast crew.
- Lubricate and clean equipment post-drilling.
- Keep drilling locations clean and orderly.
- Drive support vehicles, when required.
- Adhere to scheduled training plan to enhance current competencies.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Observe ground surface and machine operation for indications of unsafe conditions and notify the driller and drill Supervisor.
- Liaise with the Driller to maintain ongoing communication during all support activities.
- Ensure own work meets established statutory standards.
Health and Safety Management.
- Follow all safety regulations and procedures.
- Operate in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and / or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Inspect work areas and ensure all areas comply with internal Newmont and external regulatory standards.
- Adhere strictly to internal Newmont drilling standards and comply with safe drilling procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus of safety throughout all activities.
- Provide hands-on assistance during drilling activities to fellow colleagues to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior School Certificate.
- Learning and Development (L&D) Certificate.
- Drivers’ License C.
- Experience up to 6 months in length is preferable.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is high.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.