Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Health, Safety and Environment department is seeking to appoint a dedicated, committed and self-motivated individual for the position of Unit Manager – Safety & Occupational Hygiene. The incumbent will assist to establish and maintain the management of the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ensure that the system is aligned to ISO 45001:2018. He or she will also use his/her experience to assist the Health, Safety and Environment Manager in running the day-to-day activities of the Department and in achieving its strategic objective.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of Hygiene and Safety policies for the prevention of losses on the mine.
- Ensure full compliance with the provisions of Mining and other Regulations.
- Liaise with heads of departments on Hygiene and Safety issues and guide them in the development of safe work practices.
- Establish and maintain the management of the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ensure that the system is aligned to ISO 45001:2018.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must be familiar with ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensure the implementation and entrenchment of behavior-based Safety programmes on Damang mine.
- Co-ordinate the activities of Health and Safety representatives, safety committees as well as the organization and monitoring of safety meetings.
- Ensure all incidents, medical, first aid and lost time injuries are reported immediately to the responsible management as well as to the Health and Safety Inspector as legally required and that such incidents are entered into incident database.
- Co-ordinate the closure of all corrective and preventative measures arising out of non-conformances.
- Co-ordinate the activities of Fire and Emergency Response Teams and the maintenance of fire protection equipment’s.
- Ensure that correct PPE is selected and monitor the distribution of personal protective equipment to both mine workers and contractors.
- Ensure timely preparation of reports.
- Direct the abatement of hazards that can be corrected without major capital expenditure.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are fully conversant with the provisions of the Mining Regulation as amended or replaced from time to time, and to enforce its provisions and other Regulations.
- Observe and enforce any codes of practice; instructions, procedures, directive, permissions, exemptions etc. issued by the mine, the corporate office or any other person who is authorized to do so.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Safety management, Mining, Engineering, or other science-related discipline.
- An MSc degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Must have an occupational hygiene certificate from a recognized institution.
- Must have an Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission’s HSE superintendent certificate of competency.
- A minimum of 8 years Health and Safety experience in a similar position.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter, displaying ability to use own initiative.
- Be able to give attention to detail and deliver assignments timeously and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and a proficiency in driving light vehicles.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.