Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
People Operations Administrator
Pay band: 4
Remuneration: GHS 40,740 per annum
Location: Accra, Ghana
Department: Human Resources
Contract type: Locally engaged
Contract duration: Indefinite
The Regional People Operations function will handle specific transactional work that requires a significant degree of expertise and country and/or region-specific knowledge (pay and payroll; tax; pensions; onboarding / exiting; mandatory reports; contracts). This role will carry out a range of HR operational and payroll tasks within a country or small cluster of countries, ensuring that processes are adhered to effectively and efficiently, working closely with HR Advisory and Shared Services teams within the HR function.
Challenges & Accountabilities
This role requires a clear understanding of HR process, service proposition, and policies in order to deliver effectively. You will contribute to the implementation of the new HR Op Model, providing feedback to the relevant HR functions to drive continuous improvement. You will also build and manage key relationship with the People Advisory and SSC functions ensuring a smooth flow of communication. As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience of running payroll within a medium to large organisation
- Experience working in HR and using HRIS
- Systems knowledge (Excel, Word, Power Point, Payroll and HRIS)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience using and adapting written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience of working in a remote team
- Experience of working with HR Shared Services
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.