Jobs In Kumasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Finance and Administration Officer at Winrock International will oversee efficient operation of the administrative, accounting, grants management, human resources, and logistical aspects of the project, ensuring these functions are fully aligned with the programmatic priorities and objectives; train, supervise, and lead project staff that oversee project finances, procurement, subcontracts, logistics, and security; supervise the Grants Officer, Human Resources and Administration Assistant, Accountant, Driver, and Office Caretaker.
- Manage the accounting, finance and administrative components of the project in country;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and subawards/contracts;
- Develop and implement office administrative, operations, and personnel systems;
- Liaise with the Project Director to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations;
- Manage relationships with banking institutions;
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and transparent handling of all accounting and cash transactions; including maintaining cash books, deposit and check register and other financial records;
- Review and approval all vouchers prepared by the project accountant for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports following donor and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to Winrock procedures;
- Coordinate closely with Regional Accounting team on monthly project financial reporting and documentation;
- Prepare and submit monthly projections;
- Oversee project internal and external audits, collaborate with auditors and ensure prompt implementation of their recommendations;
- Develop procedures for monitoring, managing, and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending;
- Serve as the Human Resources Point of Contact;
- Prepare, submit and file staff and local consultants' contracts following donor and Winrock policies and procedures as well as Ghanaian labor law;
- Manage payment of salaries and benefits to staff, including updating staff leave records, and ensure that the project complies with Ghanaian laws regarding employment, taxation, and other relevant issues;
- Oversee activities including purchasing, shipping and transportation, inventory, warehousing, and delivery in accordance to Winrock policies, procedures and best practice;
- Supervise staff including: Grants Officer, HR and Administration Assistant, Accountant, Driver and Office Caretaker;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Seven years minimum experience with financial and administrative management preferably in a nonprofit or international development environment.
- Knowledge and experience with financial management and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with accounting systems/packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax laws and compliance.
- Ability to use good judgment and professionalism; experience in decision-making.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Experience with international donor regulations preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with international employees.
- Strong skills in internal controls and accounting standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.