Energy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Accra : Director, Nuclear Power Institute (NPI) - Ghana Atomic Energy CommissionEnergy,Oil & Gas Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Atomic Energy Commission, established by an Act of Parliament, Act 588 of 2000, as the sole Agency in Ghana responsible for all matters relating to peaceful uses of atomic energy, invites applications for the following position: Director, Nuclear Power Institute (NPI)
The Director of the Institute is the Officer appointed by the commission and charged with responsibility for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the institute
• The director is to work closely with the Director-General to implement policies of the institute
• Manage, coordinate and steer the nuclear power infrastructure programmes, projects and activities throughout the nation
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Help develop expertise in the field of Nuclear Energy, Science and Technology
• Initiate new research proposals in accordance with the International Atomic Energy (IAEA) approved programme for Ghana abd co-ordinate research, scientific, technical and commercial activities in the institute
• Enhance the application of Nuclear science in the field of education and training for socio-economic development of the country
• Set priority goals for development of nuclear energy within the institute in line with the commission’s policy
• Drive the research adn technical operations of the institute, including commercialsation of research output
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of research work within the institute
• Ensure a sound working environment conductive for the publication of research output
• Ensure the availability of funds for research purposes in the institute and
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful applicant must have:
• Must be a of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist/Principal Scientific Officer/Associate Professor
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and D.Phil) in the Nuclear Science and Engineering or related fields
• Must have a minimum 10 years experience at Senior management level in a research institution or university
• Must not be more than 55 years
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The position is for a 5 year term only but may be renewed for a second term
How To Apply
Application forms may be obtained at a fee of GH500.00 at GAEC Cash Office
A written application, including a CV of applicant with names and addresses of three referees and a two (2)page Vision statement, together with nine(9) copies of the completed application forms should be lodged with the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission,
P.O.Box LG 80,
Closing Date: 13th November, 2020
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.