Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To lead the Sampling crews in the measurement and interpretation of data taken from sampling activities (i.e. field sample collections and submissions) to support the generation of Ore Control dig polygons for mining.
- Operate Light Vehicles for sampling activities and Ditch Witch machine for cutting sample trenches.
- Ensure sampling pegs are kept in their right positions and labeled for easy after drill pick-ups by survey.
- Facilitate sample sorting and submission at the Lab.
- Ensure that sample bag numbering is done correctly to contribute to the accuracy of OC dig block grade estimations.
- Ensure prioritization of samples to the Lab as and when required.
- Stocktaking and assisting in ordering sampling consumables and other logistics for use in Ore control.
- Assist the Grade Control Geologist in the day-to-day in-pit geological activities (i.e. fixing of ore mark out, blasthole logging, blast movement installation and monitoring, etc.).
- Assist in the capturing of all geological field data (core drilling, RC drilling, blasthole, density, grab samples, mapping, moisture content etc.).
- Abide by and support others in carrying out activities according to Newmont Environmental, Health and Safety principles.
- Oversee that the Samplers complete all allocated tasks assigned on a shift.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The above duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate
- Previous knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the output of samples is advantageous.
Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ relevant work experience in a Mine Production / Geology environment.
- Work conducted by the position is site-centered.
- Incumbent works mostly in the pit where they are exposed to broken rocks on the pit floor due to blasting
- Incumbent is exposed to dust and noise from drill rigs and mining activities in the pit.
- Incumbent is exposed to moving rigs and other machinery in the pit.
- Incumbent has to work on a shift basis and may include night duties
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: